You will require the following materials;
1. A 4GB or larger USB thumb drive. (I recommend a 8GB thumb drive)
2. Latest version of YUMI. (Can be downloaded from here)
3. Windows install media. (Should be in ISO format)
4. Computer that requires Windows to be installed! (With or without DVD-ROM)
Step 2: How to use YUMI
1. Plug in your USB Thumb drive. (Make sure you remove everything important from the USB Thumb drive because we will be formatting it.)
2. Open YUMI, if you are doing this on a Windows Vista or higher computer you will be prompted for Administrator Access.
3. You will be greeted by the first image. Click I Agree
4. After you Click I Agree select your USB thumb drive in the drop down menu. (Second and third image)
5. Check off Format X:\ Drive. (fourth image)
6. Scroll down to the bottom until you find Windows vista/7/8 installer and select it. (Fifth Image)
7. Browse to your ISO of the Windows Install Media (Sixth and Seventh Image)
8. Click Create
9. Click Yes (Eighth Image)
10. Wait for the format and copy of installation media completes (tenth image)
11. Click Next
12. Click No(Eleventh Image)
13. Click Finish (Twelfth Image)
You now have a boot-able Windows Vista/7/8 Installer USB Thumb Drive
- During the restart process, read the screen for any instructions that explain how to interrupt normal startup and enter the basic input/output system (BIOS) setup utility. Most PCs use the F2, F10, ESC, or DEL key to begin the BIOS Setup.
- Look for a tab in the BIOS Setup Utility that is labeled Boot Order, Boot Options, or Boot. Following the directions on the screen, use the arrow keys to go to the Boot Order, then press Enter.
- Locate the CD, DVD, or USB flash drive (this might be called Removable Device) in the Boot list. Following the directions on the screen, use the arrow keys to move the drive up so that it appears first in the Boot list. Press Enter. The boot order sequence is now changed to boot from the CD, DVD, or USB flash drive.
- Press F10 to save your changes and to exit the BIOS Setup Utility. Select Yes in the confirmation window.